The Medici Chapels were built as a personal sepulchre of the Medici family right in the basilica of San Lorenzo, the one considered by the Medici as their private church and located in front of the residential palace in via Larga (presently via Cavour). The works began in March 1520 and were definitely completed by Giorgio Vasari in 1546, after Michelangelo, in 1534, had left Florence directed to Rome.
Entry to the Medici Chapelsis available every 15 minutes!
Reservations must be made with a minimum of 1 day notice.
Reservations are limited to 30 persons maximum.
Save time in ordering! Add into your basket all the museum tickets you want, then fill the form and send the request.
Before making your reservation, please, read the Ordering Informations
IMPORTANT NOTICE: After succesfully completing a reservation, you will receive two e- mails: the copy of your order (immediately after submitting your order) and the confirmation mail (one working day after). In order to receive them, please make sure you insert your e-mail address correctly and check that your anti-spam filter or antivirus are not blocking mails from our address email@example.com. Special attention for AOL mailbox users.
PLEASE NOTICE: Confirmed time is not always the same time you requested; museum automatically confirms the closest available time on the same date if requested time is sold out.
- From January 2 to April 11 and from November 2 to December 31: 8:15 to 13:50.
- From April 12 to November 1: 8:15 to 17:00.
- Closed the first, third and fifth Monday of the month, and the second and fourth Sunday of the month.
Extraordinary evening openings:
- From August 31 to September 28, 2017, every Thursday from 5pm to 8pm
For cancellations once a confirmation code has been assigned to the reservation, and for no shows, we can refund cost of unused tickets minus service fee (reservation fee and online booking fee).
Medici Chapels Audio Guides Rental Service:
Make the most of your visit to the Medici Chapels – book your Medici Chapels audio guide, after choosing the date, time and number of tickets for your visit to the Medici Chapels! Make sure you don't miss important aspects of the Medici's family church and sepulcher, and supplement what you know with the audio guide's insightful commentary.
- Audio guides are available in Italian, English, French, German, and Spanish.
- The audio guided visit has a complete duration of 45 minutes and includes a selection of the most important works of art in the Medici Chapels. To learn more about the works of art on view, choose the desired room and listen to the explanation of selected works in that room.
- You will receive a confirmation voucher (valid only for the audio guide) together with the confirmation voucher for your visit to the Medici Chapels. In order to pick up the audio guide, please deposit this voucher at the Audio Guides Desk – at the bookshop just after the ticket counter – along with a valid identity document (passports, identity cards or driver's license – only originals are accepted).
- In case of loss or failure to return the audio guide, visitors will be requested to pay the cost (€ 250.00 per each audio guide).
PricesIn order to know the price of tickets for a specific date, please select date, time, and number and kind of tickets and click on Check button on the order form
>>> March 8, 2017: on the occasion of International Women's Day, state museums and places of culture offer free admission to women. <<<
European Union citizens aged 18 to 25
European Union teachers
Children under 18 years old from any country (children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult)
Groups of Italian and European schools accompanied by their teachers, with official authorisation from the school and with an advance booking.
Tourist guides with an official document
Tourist interpreters accompanying a group with an official document
Members of ICOM
Students or scholars of all nationalities, engaged on specific research, may apply for special permits for a limited period.
Free admission the first Sunday of every month
Schools: Groups of Italian and European schools accompanied by their teachers, with official authorisation from the school and with an advance booking to be made directly to the museum.
Service fees and eventual temporary exhibition fees are due for any kind of ticket and for gratuity days.
Please notice you'll be asked to exhibit an identity document at the museum entrance